We are trying to live our values of environmental sustainability, personal responsibility, and creative collaboration. This is how we are doing our part:
- Bank Locally: We are choosing to invest positively in our community.
- We use recycled and repurposed leather whenever possible, with much of it coming from a book binder in the San Francisco mission. He's been making books by hand forever, and we use his cutoff pieces, which would otherwise be discarded.
- We focus on using all-natural feathers, which means they have never been dyed, highlight natural geometric patterns and requiring less chemicals.
- Our printed materials utilize post-consumer recycled products with plant-based inks, and are created locally.
- We pay everyone we work with a living-wage, because you should be able to make money doing what you love.
We use compostable packaging, because single-use plastic is the worst.
We believe and stand beside the many cultures that have a rich and beautiful history working with and celebrating feathers. We wear feathers because they are beautiful, because they connect us to nature, and to our own inner power. We recognize and want to continue to pay tribute to the many cultures around the world that share a similar reverence.
It is with that sense of respect that we do not copy designs or strive for any sort of false ‘authenticity’ but rather strive for our own sense of artistry. We are trying to do our part, and often collaborate with other companies, non-profit organizations, and community leaders who are living their values in a positive light.
We believe in the power of feathers and headbands, and their ability to help us walk our talk.
We are only as good as our integrity and follow through.